Thursday 19 September 2013

Chronicles of Darjeeling


Sometime when I see the life I don’t see it with a common perspective I see it as a series of an opportunity, I see it with a view to make it large and most important thing I see it to live it in my way and you could live it in your way only when you yourself decides to make your own way.

A month back I was also given an opportunity to make my way over the hills of Darjeeling if I have to define Darjeeling I would say it’s a cosmic beauty now before I tell u my experience it becomes important for me to give u a synopsis about Darjeeling, much cause of its beauty Darjeeling is also known as queen of hills its parent state is west Bengal among the numerous district of west Bengal, Darjeeling is also one of them with three subdivision namely Kalimpong Kurseong and Siliguri.   


 Darjeeling is one of a kind nestled at the womb of a mountain and nurtured by the wave of river Teesta surrounded by the hills and classified by its typical climate Darjeeling is just a paradise on earth.

Darjeeling is more exciting cause of its historical background which is intertwined with Sikkim, Nepal and later on British India during the colonial rule of English people advocated about the beauty of hills and later much cause of their initiative a world renowned toy train made its way to the Darjeeling.

 It was on month of may when I made my way to Darjeeling with a three day trip to explore the beauty of Darjeeling me along with my friends were planning to visit but we were confused which place to visit and finally after a long discussion we finalized Darjeeling as our place for visit as we had heard a lot about its natural diversity but when we got to visit, it was truly an awesome place to look for.

We started our journey by visiting the sunset point of Darjeeling. It was just an amazing experience to witness the scenario of sunset and got to visit the most sacred temple of Darjeeling then after we went to Happy Valley to pay a visit to an oldest tea factory it was just wonderful to see how people works there with delicate hand with dedication and late at night when we got back to our room we enjoyed the beauty of night with wind blowing over your head and making you feel like you breathing a purity.

Next morning was more exciting queen of hills welcomed that morning with a juvenile feeling and we continued our adventure trip somewhere down the Stream of Teesta River and when we were returning we paid a visit to a Triveni point, after that we made our way to Chowrasta where u could relax your head and enjoy the view of Kanchenjunga.

The next day was our last day so we got up early in the morning and visited the premier institute of mountaineering and famous Padmaja zoological park and visited a row of amazing spots such as botanical garden, Victoria falls, district museum, rock garden, Japanese temple, Lal kothi, Darjeeling ropeway, lovers point and mall road but the most amazing experience was to take a ride of a toy train it was just an honour to be sedated there and enjoy the beauty.


If anyone is planning to take a trip on their vacation then I would cordially like to invite u to visit the queen of hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment